Privacy Statement for Metis Lighting
1. CONTROLLER AND APPLICABLE LAW
Metis Lighting Srl, whose headquarters are located in Via San Giovanni Battista De La Salle 4 – 20132 – Milano (hereinafter Metis), is the Controller.
Metis processes Personal Data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner, in full compliance with the Regulation on the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data (hereinafter GDPR) and according to the principles of purpose limitation, data minimisation, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity and confidentiality.
2. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
All Personal Data are processed electronically or manually by Metis, when acting as Controller, in full compliance with the GDPR and are processed according to all the security measures provided for by law and professional best practices.
Data and information relating to legal entities are processed according to the principle of confidentiality and protected by the same security measures.
Metis does not act as Processor on behalf of any third-party Controller.
3. PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING WITHOUT EXPLICIT CONSENT FROM THE DATA SUBJECT
All Personal Data spontaneously communicated to Metis (via web, email, mail service, telephone or any other media) without the expression of an explicit consent are processed by Metis strictly for the following purposes:
– for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract;
– for the pursuit of a legitimate interests of Metis;
– for compliance with a legal or fiscal obligation to which the Controller is subject.
4. PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING WITH EXPLICIT CONSENT FROM THE DATA SUBJECT
Provided the Data Subject has given explicit consent to the processing of his or her Personal Data, Metis processes Personal Data for commercial or marketing purposes such as delivering information related to new goods and services.
5. STORAGE PERIOD
Metis stores Personal Data until the Data Subject exercises his right to obtain from the Controller the erasure of Personal Data (see Rights of the Data Subject), save the fulfilment of legal or fiscal obligations.
6. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
The Data Subject is any natural person identified or indentifiable whose Personal Data are processed by Metis as Controller. The Data Subject has the following rights:
– to withdraw consent on which the processing is based*;
– to obtain from the Controller confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the Personal Data ;
– to obtain from the Controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning him or her;
– to obtain from the Controller the erasure of Personal Data concerning him or her without undue delay**;
– to obtain from the Controller restriction of processing;
– to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali).
* the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
** the Controller shall erase without delay the Personal Data upon the request of the Data Subject provided there is no other legal ground for the processing (e.g.: to perform obligations arising from the law or a contract).
7. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Metis as Controller may process special categories of Data such as medical or judicial data (formerly dati sensibili or sensitive data) provided either it is necessary for the performance of a contract or there is another legal basis: special categories of Personal Data relating to employees or co-workers are processed by Metis only for purposes of compliance with labour, welfare or tax law.
Metis erases Personal Data belonging to special categories (formerly dati sensibili or sensitive data) that may be communicated by mistake or without any reasonable ground.
8. SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
Metis may receive Personal Data from the Data Subject via direct interaction or information provided by third-parties in the context of the diligent performance of professional contracts. Whatever the source, data are processed according to the law and the inherent principles; in any case no Personal Data shall be processed for marketing or commercial purposes without the explicit consent of the Data Subject .
9. COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE
If you would like to prevent these cookies being set on your device you can download the special add-on which can be found at:
The data we collect through cookies is used to better understand how you use our website and to develop more relevant and interesting features and content.
10. MANAGING COOKIES
To disable all cookies you can set your browser to “anonymous browsing” mode, a function which allows you to browse without leaving any trace of browsing data in the browser. This function only allows you to avoid keeping your browsing data in the browser.
Alternatively, you can disable or delete cookies by going to your browser’s configuration panel. Further details will be found in your browser’s Help, or on the user support page or online help of your particular browser.
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Safari iOS (mobile device): https://support.apple.com/in-us/HT201265
10. ACCEPTING AND REJECTING COOKIES
By continuing to browse this website, closing the pop-up window, clicking anywhere on the page or scrolling down to display more content, you will be accepting the Cookies Policy: cookies will be set and retrieved. If you choose not to accept cookies and stop browsing, any cookies already stored locally in your browser will remain there but will no longer be read by us nor used by us, unless and until you later accept that Policy. You will always be able to remove these cookies at any time as described above.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION