The Museum building is a house created in the 1700 in the Como District from a family of artists that migrated in Europe and when they came back in their hometown established the Residence as a testimony of their glorious past. In 2008 the project for transforming the Residence in museum for hosting the artwork of Pietro Pagani and other artists from the region who also migrated and developed their art in other countries as well as contemporary local painters.
The lighting project wasn’t only limited in illuminating the artwork but also in creating certain lighting installations for adding visual elements in the narrow and restrained spaces.
The narrow staircase isi also illuminated by the wall mounted colourful boxes with integrated lighting trying to avoid the feeling of exiguity.
The lighting project was based on small gestures but the result was in scale with the space and the intervention of the project itself. It provided a subtle backdrop for the exhibits.